Monday, March 7, 2011

Douglas County Oregon Small Business Survey

While I am a representative FROM the small business community, I
don’t feel I have the data to be a representative OF the County's
small business community. I have put together a very short survey that
I hope you will consider helping disseminate to your contacts
throughout the County. The questions are somewhat vague, and the
opportunity to comment, while available, is somewhat limited by
character count. Please don’t read too much into this. I am merely
trying to establish what three things business owners feel stand in
the way of growing their business, and three things they feel are
helping to grow their business. I believe some if not all of the
results may require further research on my part, but if I can get
enough responses, a few are likely to migrate toward the top of the
list. I can do further research on these instead of making
assumptions, wasting my time on non-issues. This is the information I
feel I need to accurately become a representative OF small business in
the County.
        I feel it is important to have timely information to use in
representation. I also haven’t found where small business owners
specifically were separated out for their thoughts in our County to
any great degree, and beyond that, filterable to certain communities.
If you take the time to view the survey you will see the survey isn’t
focused entirely on small business owners. The community’s perspective
on these questions could be valuable also, and opportunities for their
feedback are in the survey as well. I’ve included options to separate
out by community, work status and more. All of the questions beside
the two main questions are for filtering purposes only.
        The survey very likely has room for improvement, and I would
appreciate any feedback you may have regarding ideas for future
surveys. 

        Thank-you for your consideration in this matter,
        -Tim Allen-


UCC SBDC; Advisory committee chairperson
Think Local Umpqua; Acting President
Local business owner
UBEA volunteer member
I also particpate with the "Lunch Bunch" and the Roseburg Area Think Tank

 

No comments:

Post a Comment

Thank-you for taking the time to comment on our blog.