Saturday, January 30, 2016

How did your day pan out?

It is an interesting thing isn't it? 

We have control over so little, yet we are in total control of our own life. If we can't answer that it was a good day what does that mean?

I suppose for every personality type it means something different. Time periods too. 100 years ago if your car made it to the next town over it was a good day. Today we're mad if the car has any mechanical issue before 100K miles. 

I'm coming to terms with the fact that I've very likely got more years behind me than in front of me. Literally, time isn't on my side. Truth be told though, I've accepted it more pragmatically than emotionally. I suppose that is a fight for another day.

Alas, back to how your day went though. Mine was a good day. I slept in a touch, didn't roll out of bed until 6am or so. I've set things up so I can do a lot of business work from home, and today was no different. One thing I can't do though is clean the muck from the pits at the Carwash. That requires a shovel and somewhere to put the muck. What's cool though is that I still can.

I got lucky with a selector switch too. It was getting really hard to turn, I tried to take it apart to get some lube in it a few days ago, but the screw in the control knob was so stuck my screwdriver broke in it. When I arrived today to replace it I grabbed the knob and viola' the lube had worked its way in and the switch was operating freely!

I can think of at least a dozen ways to tell myself the day sucked. I was behind in a work project, slept in later than I planned so I started late on my business work. I'd already put in at least 60 hours this week, so working more hours doesn't seem fair. Had to dig the pits out because my kid didn't do it and we pay him to. I didn't get time to clean the inside of my truck out which was on my list and drives me nuts, but, it just didn't work out. I washed the outside of the truck, but when it dried I noticed I missed some spots.... And some new scratches!

There's more too it, but I choose to look at it as a good day. The cool part? That makes it so. It really is that easy. So again I ask, how was your day?


No comments:

Post a Comment

Thank-you for taking the time to comment on our blog.