Thursday, February 25, 2016

Rental equipment professionals.

As I sit here in the hotel room on my last day in Atlanta Ga., I'm reflecting on the opportunities I've experienced attending The Rental Show 2016.

This show brings the best of the best in the equipment rental industry to one location for about 3 days a year. I attend because I want to learn from the best. Whether attending a training session, talking at a show booth or networking in the after hours networking events, this show offers more value than any other event I participate in all year long. 

For the 2016 show I was selected as a panelist for the General Tool Town Hall session. Being front and center of a crowd of around 400 talking about my business practices and experience isn't something I'd anticipated in my career. I've got to say it was a fantastic experience. The people who put together @therentalshow2016 and those attending the session are simply a cut above, as has been my experience with the entire American Rental Association. 

That takes me to today. 

I'm going home with a clearer picture of where I plan to take my business over the course of the next year and frankly further into the future. After talking to other rental store owners and operators, I've developed a focus that has been missing for the past three years as I struggled with "now what" after reaching my 10 year goals for the company.

Now is my chance to say thanks. I really appreciate all of the ARA staff, volunteers, fellow store owners and certainly vendors for taking their time out to help move the profession forward. The association and industry operate at a level others aspire to, no doubt because of your efforts. I look forward to working along side you long into the future!

-Tim Allen-


No comments:

Post a Comment

Thank-you for taking the time to comment on our blog.