Thursday, February 22, 2018

My favorite kind of pain

As I’m reading through a business book recently I came across a tid-bit that hit me in the face like a ton of rocks.

The author got off topic and started talking about fear, and that it is something everyone has nearly complete control over, but few have any idea how, or what to do about it

He went on to explain that fear lives in a very small space between becoming consciously aware of something, and the moment a person takes action against it.

The moment a person takes action against it.

Tearing the band-aid off and eliminating fear is now my favorite kind of pain. 

An example.

Recently, I was concerned about a test at DMV related to getting my CDL Drivers license. I was studying the book, looking for more info. out in the digital world, and asking anyone I knew that held a Commercial Drivers License what I needed to know for the test. 

When I finally wised up, and remembered where this fear ended, I simply went and took the test.

It was a Friday. I passed the main test and failed the next two. But now I had first hand knowledge of what was going to be on the test.

The following Monday I went back down and passed both tests by a large margin.

For weeks I languished, and in around 45 minute’s of activity, eliminated the fear. 

Operating equipment for the first time is an example where a healthy amount of fear can be a good thing. Its powerful and can do damage. 

So was driving car, and most of us lived. 

When it comes to your projects, not letting fear hold you back may just be the fastest way toward peace of mind and a better space. 

If it involves equipment, we’d love to help you rip that band-aid off and will help keep you safe. 

Ready to rip that band-aid off? Call 541-492-7368 or you can make your reservation request online at www.roseburgrental.net 

-Tim-

P.S. If you haven’t been paying attention to the weather, you need to know it is going to reach damaging freeze temerperature’s overnight. For some Winter storage tips on equipment you might be interested in this old blog post a while back.

Real live phone people

Roseburg 541-492-7368

Myrtle Creek 541-863-4385

No comments:

Post a Comment

Thank-you for taking the time to comment on our blog.