Saturday, February 17, 2018

One falls off the bucket list!

The movie “Bucket List” didn’t really resonate with me when it originally came out.

Being a very forward focused person, stopping to reflect really doesn’t come very natural to me.. Even today, I nearly have to set an alarm to get me to stop and take a look around.

That’s why today is a special day.

Depending of course on when you open this, I am going to be on a plane, riding up front for the first time. Business First Class. Yes, that was on my bucket list.

Don’t hate me for it, we’ve all got our reasons for what is on that list. Maybe I’ll talk about that one more later.

The important take away for me is the things we have to work through to get to cross those kind of milestones, and the fact that the work leading up tends to take so much more energy than the event itself. Strange how we do that to ourselves.

Whether flying first class, climbing a mountain or having the yard that is the envy of the neighborhood it is going to take work. 

Sometimes we’re the right or only person that can do the work. It wouldn’t really do me much good to have someone else exercise for me if I’m the one that is supposed to climb the mountain. 

Knowing when and how much you should take on with a project like that awesome back yard is something a good counterperson can help with. It is also time well spent. It reminds me of a time many years ago when I was spraying insulation into my attic. Proudly bragging, it took me only a short time to learn that I could have paid a contractor to come in and do the entire job for less than it cost me to buy the material and do the work myself. 

When you’re planning those projects, give us a call. Who knows, the money and energy you could save might just help pay to cross something off your bucket list.

Our Friday special offer for you on this list is a first come only excavator rental. No one but you will see it. I’m telling our guys to let one excavator go for $100 and you can have it for the weekend. That is less than 25% of the normal cost.

The special conditions are this;
Only one is available, whoever requests it first by calling 541-492-7368 gets it.
The price does not include a trailer to haul it or delivery.
Damage waiver will not be offered. If you break it, you pay for repairs to fix it.
You can put up to 4 hours on the machine over the course of the weekend, additional hours on the machine will be billed at the normal rate.
You can have one bucket (get it, bucket list..?) of your choice based on availability
It needs to be returned clean and full of fuel as per our normal procedure.

Funny thing. Thinking about you, on this list, I already know you’re a doer. I didn’t even have to mention getting up off the couch, it was just how to make the most of your time. That’s pretty cool.

If you are reading this on our blog, you're coming in late, and missing out on snagging specials like the one listed here. These go out to our email subscribers first. To get them, sign up here > Umpqua Rental Insiders Club

-Tim-
Real live phone people

Roseburg 541-492-7368

Myrtle Creek 541-863-4385

No comments:

Post a Comment

Thank-you for taking the time to comment on our blog.