Thursday, February 15, 2018

Your Love called, want to know what we talked about?

These are always fun phone calls.

“Hi, I would like to know the price to rent a trencher?”

Our staff, “I’d be glad to help with that, how long do you think you’ll need it for, and how deep and wide of a trench are you needing to make?”

“Honey, how deep and how wide does the trench need to be”

I can picture this conversation in the home, one on the couch watching TV, the other on the phone. 

In reality, this conversation would have started with a request from our staff for the caller to tell them more about the project. In this example, these questions would have gone back and forth between the middle person, good or bad. 

The fact that both parties are in the conversation helps to make sure everyone knows something about what is going on, that is good. Unfortunately bits and pieces of the conversation are viewed from different perspectives and therefore interpreted differently, if the information gets passed along at all, that can be bad.

Why do I bring it up? The same applies in most area’s of life. More often than not, adding a layer in your communication channel is going to dilute and devalue the message. That is the reason this new communication channel is so important to me. 

I love that you’re taking the time to read these. I’m looking forward to helping in any way I can to help make life a little easier for you. If I’m doing this right, you should be able to apply almost anything I’m discussing to work in other area’s of your life too.

There’s more in this than the words alone if you take the time to read between the lines.

I hope you have a Happy Valentine’s day!

-Tim-

Real live phone people

Roseburg 541-492-7368

Myrtle Creek 541-863-4385

No comments:

Post a Comment

Thank-you for taking the time to comment on our blog.