Thursday, March 29, 2018

How hard do you really want to work?

As a kid growing up I had to dig a lot of fence post holes, and I mean a lot.

These would each be 16-18” in diameter, I’d stuff either a railroad tie or a portion of a telephone pole that I would have to mop God knows what onto the cut ends, into the hole. 

With the post in the hole I’d then level it up, dump rock around it, pound it with a 2x4 until that was packed about 2/3 full and then use the dirt I’d dug out to fill in the rest and have a mound that would supposedly run the water away from the hole. 

A horse arena, corral for the cattle that had separate area’s for certain cows, a tunnel that would send cows to a squeeze shoot, one that would send them to a ramp they’d walk up to get into the truck, a ½ acre garden, pig pen, and more. 

Each post dug by hand.

At 17 years old I took off for Monterey Ca.in my ’69 Thunderbird to visit a sister and on the way I noticed a tractor with this amazing device on the back that appeared would dig holes for you! While we didn’t own a tractor, I couldn’t wait to get back and tell my Dad about it. Maybe I would get lucky?

His reply, what would I need that for when I have you?

And that is why we now have almost any auger known to man in our rental fleet. 

From a hand held clam shell for the guy that thinks the price is too high for powered equipment, to an auger attachment for a full size skid steer that will dig a 24” hole 5’ deep and many options in between you’ve got options for making digging a hole easier. 

So the question remains, how hard do you really want to work? With all the options we make available, the choice is yours. 

Have a tool or equipment need coming up? We’d appreciate your business

Roseburg 541-492-7368

Myrtle Creek 541-863-4385

No comments:

Post a Comment

Thank-you for taking the time to comment on our blog.